Sinfar Discord Server

Hak Files, Server Rules, and Server/Community Information.

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Mavrixio
Da Boss Man
Characters: Mavrixio and some hidden alts.

Sinfar Discord Server

Postby Mavrixio » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:04 am

No more Skype... between the glitches, advertisements, Microsoft what want to force us to use it, it is just less user friendly and has fewer features.

So if you want to contact someone that is not in game or on the web client, send them files, share music, talk... join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/pM3ja9n

Sunset-Sojourn
DM
Characters: :
DM Leverage
Vex

Re: Sinfar Discord Server

Postby Sunset-Sojourn » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:51 am

As a note:

The sinfar discord hosts a #dm_requests channel.

If you have a posted forum request for char customization or housing on sinifer or outer isles that has been approved, please feel free to post there with an @Dungeon Masters or @Sunset-Sojourn - if I am available I will log in to see to it. This isn't a promise that I am always available though. I'm vaguely hopeful that this will allow a bit more efficiency with requests, as these days I haven't had the time to keep my eye on the webclient, but discords notifications will reach me easily enough.

When posting please include the link to your request.

Thanks!
DM Q & A:
Q: Why are you so dangerously neutral all the time?
A: Non-biased treatment of players ensures that everyone gets help, even when the reward for volunteering your time to them is <0.

"Is Lev retarded? There is a reason I asked for another staff member."
"This DM needs to be dealt with .. when will anyone realize that?"
"I think I would like an apology."

leverage / ˈliːv(ə)rɪdʒ,ˈlɛv(ə)rɪdʒ/
  • the mechanical advantage or power gained by using a lever.
  • power or ability to act or to influence people, events, decisions, etc.; sway:
  • to control a much larger investment, or to reduce one's own liability for any loss.
Sinfar Discord : https://discord.gg/87gtwQE

Jeanie D'Jinni
Builder
Characters: Dahlia Dragonridge
Ingenuous Bystander
Innocent Bystander
Kitsune Vulpes
Morwyn Muirgen
Paradox Ouroboros
Shahbânu Aban
Takrin'cryso Fre'ath
Tari Lisseneniel Morilindello
Thistle Burrfoot

Postby Jeanie D'Jinni » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:06 am

Logged on via Mav link, this evening I downloaded Discord for PC, installed it and now going guano trying to figure this **** out. Help!?

I don't have an iphone, does that matter?

I think I found the Sinfar page, clueless as to wtf to do on it. Left a message for XStorm on Skype, Skype is MUCH easier to use than this Discord pig.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." ― George Bernard Shaw

Discord User Name (I think): Jeanie D'Jinni#8412
"Were you forced hither after losing your way on the ocean or did some warning from the Gods direct you? If not, what fortune has been pressing on you, that you should visit the sunless homes of gloom in this land of dark confusion?" [Virgil, The Aeneid. Book six.]

CreamFilledPie
Player

Postby CreamFilledPie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:55 am

It's okay for old people to struggle with new technology x)

Jeanie D'Jinni
Builder
Ingenuous Bystander
Innocent Bystander
Kitsune Vulpes
Morwyn Muirgen
Paradox Ouroboros
Shahbânu Aban
Takrin'cryso Fre'ath
Thistle Burrfoot

Postby Jeanie D'Jinni » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:32 am

It's okay for old people to struggle with new technology x)

CreamFilledPie ... It's so nice to know that you practice disrespect to those you think to be your "Elders", you cute little emotionally abusive toddler you. Now, does the concept of actually being of assistance to myself and others with the same problem(s) appeal to you? Do you have any solutions or are you also ignorant of "new technology" and that's why you had to show us your supposedly clever comment here? Think about that while you go tell your mommy that your diaper needs changing again. ;)

"Deliberate cruelty is unforgivable.” ― Blanche Dubois" - Author: Tennessee Williams
"Were you forced hither after losing your way on the ocean or did some warning from the Gods direct you? If not, what fortune has been pressing on you, that you should visit the sunless homes of gloom in this land of dark confusion?" [Virgil, The Aeneid. Book six.]

Karilayne
Player

Postby Karilayne » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:01 am

who do you think built and programmed the technology or hired and supervised the new workers learning it now ? ever handle a washing machine with a gearshift or used a wringer ? for that matter, do you know how to use a new one or does mommy still do the laundry for you ?

lonelygirl
Builder
Characters: Charlotte
Sigourney

Postby lonelygirl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:49 am

You pretty much just click the link and type in a username. If you're using the actual client, you log in with your existing username and password (if you've made one) otherwise Discord will have you set it up once you're signed in for the first time.

Jeanie D'Jinni
Builder
Ingenuous Bystander
Innocent Bystander
Kitsune Vulpes
Morwyn Muirgen
Paradox Ouroboros
Shahbânu Aban
Takrin'cryso Fre'ath
Thistle Burrfoot

Postby Jeanie D'Jinni » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:13 am

You pretty much just click the link and type in a username. If you're using the actual client, you log in with your existing username and password (if you've made one) otherwise Discord will have you set it up once you're signed in for the first time.

I did those things. Still unable to communicate with others, getting voice messages from somethings_or_others telling me that Discord isn't happy with my settings, or at least I'm getting that impression. Very annoying and messages at the bottom of my screen flash so fast! I am capable of reading 2,000 words per minute with excellent retention (tested) if not reading for pleasure, so when I say the damned message flashes too fast for me to read it, that's fast flashing. (Pun intended, sort of.)

lonelygirl ... At least you actually tried to help me. Thank you! 8-)

"René Descartes is sitting in a bar, having a drink. The bartender asks him if he would like another. "I think not," he says and vanishes in a puff of logic." ― Unknown

lonelygirl
Builder
Characters: Charlotte
Sigourney

Postby lonelygirl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Can you show me a screenshot maybe? I know that the first time I loaded Discord up it took some tinkering, I just want to see where it's at if possible so I can try to help.

KittenFish
Player
Characters: None

Postby KittenFish » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:07 pm

I did those things. Still unable to communicate with others, getting voice messages from somethings_or_others telling me that Discord isn't happy with my settings, or at least I'm getting that impression. Very annoying and messages at the bottom of my screen flash so fast! I am capable of reading 2,000 words per minute with excellent retention (tested) if not reading for pleasure, so when I say the damned message flashes too fast for me to read it, that's fast flashing. (Pun intended, sort of.)

lonelygirl ... At least you actually tried to help me. Thank you! 8-)

"René Descartes is sitting in a bar, having a drink. The bartender asks him if he would like another. "I think not," he says and vanishes in a puff of logic." ― Unknown
You aren't meant to read the messages that pop up in the corner of your screen. Those are just to let you know you got one, and only allow for 50 words max (I think.) You can however click on them to open them on Discord, which is where you can read those messages as they are permanent for the most part.

Gemma
Player
Characters: Shae
(formally known as Gemma and Belisama)

Postby Gemma » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:12 pm

I struggle as well -.-

fredseeker
Player
Characters: Badlux

Postby fredseeker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:05 am

Anything specific we might be able to help with Gemma?

Return to “Server Information”